Friday, January 07, 2005

If I only had a brain

Why can I zip through the SET Daily Puzzle one day, and the next (which would be today) I just stare at the screen. That sixth set eludes me. I know it is there, but WHERE? Then, it appears. Why?

Why do I sometimes call my children the wrong names? I named them myself, didn't I?

Why can I remember a grade school friend's birthday...a friend I lost touch with after high school? Go away, useless information.

But, this marvelous brain is also filled with recipes I never consult, book quotes I recite, memories that no one else remembers, and the details of our world that keep it running smoothly.

The human brain. Somedays I just have to wonder.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...