Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The mission

Outer Life has a humorous post about decluttering today which gave me a nice morning chuckle. My mission is to do the same this week, but I am taking on the whole place, not just my piece of it. Every now and then the junk just sneaks up on us, and our house suddenly feels small. To some people's standards, considering the size of our family, it is small. But, it's not true. We have a massive mansion compared to most of the world, and I am determined (some anonymous family members would say irrationally so) to find our way back to the amount of stuff that fits.

This probably says more about the state of my brain than my house. But, I am in this house A LOT. So, I need a clear view. Sweep the counters clear, find all those lego heads and lincoln log pieces that rolled under the couches, get rid of the extras...and then, don't start up again. Ah, there's the rub. One day at a time, right?

So, I am off to surreptitiously carry black garbage bags out the laundry room door. No regrets, no looking back.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...