Sunday, January 23, 2005

A view of my strange life

Warning: this post will include discussion of beauty products and p.m.s. You may just want to move along. You've been warned!


Carnage Posted by Hello

I'm not sure what you find when you walk into your bathroom. When I entered our downstairs bathroom last night, a little sleepy, I jumped out of my skin to see this collage of carnage in my bathtub. It looked like one of my cats had taken down the shark and the lobster, but it turned out to be a stuffed beaver. What? You don't get such elegant decor at your house? No shark named TODD in your bathtub? Many a time, Todd has found his way upstairs to the inner sanctum known as My Bathroom, and he has been my tub pal. Right next to my Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy PMS Relief supplies.

Okay, this is my attempt at revealing the vulnerable side of myself. In December, I happened to be feeling a bit of hormonally induced lunacy, and I walked into the local Bath & Body Works for a couple of Christmas presents. In my search for the perfect scent of lotion for a friend, I came across the aromatherapy section. I was about to quickly pass by when these words jumped out at me: Mood Balancing Mist. Wow! All these years of attempting to navigate through p.m.s. when ALL I needed was some MIST! So, I bought the little bag of samples. I was a vulnerable person, and they got me! I don't regret the purchase, though. They smell great, and they also function well as a sort of warning device. I can put the bottle on my husband's side of the bathroom counter, advising him that it could be an interesting day. I think that is awfully considerate of me, don't you?

I do love fragrance. I have worn Clinique's Happy for years, although don't think I had any idea that I could actually spray on happiness...I'm not completely crazy! Last week my daughter and I buzzed over to the Clinique counter for a few make-up items. I have left Happy behind, as a cost-saving measure, but they had a free sample of their new fragrance, Happy to Be. This is the marketing buzz on the card that came with the sample: "A different kind of floral: dewy, shimmering, spontaneous. Liking who you are, where you are. Happy to be." Wow. That perfume can do a LOT for you. I may have fallen for the p.m.s. stuff, but this is taking it a step too far. At least it was free; it was worth every penny.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...