Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Planning Day




I rocket launched my entire family out the door to the ski slopes again today. It should be a sparkly, warm, spring skiing day, and they packed plenty of water and sunblock. As they eased out of the driveway, I could hear music billowing out the van windows, along with the assorted calls of "Love you!" and "Bye, Mom!" In their wake I could hear the sounds of commuter traffic far across the valley, but then I listened to what must have been a choir of birds singing their morning tunes. What a cheerful sound.

It has taken me awhile to work through the clutter in the house and, more importantly, the clutter in my brain, so that I could settle into the quiet. It's a planning day, and I needed to wipe the real and mental piles away so that I could dream, list, plan, evaluate, and come to some conclusions about our homeschool needs. We also want a large vegetable and flower garden this year, and I need to plan the garden plots, devise ways of avoiding previous year's pests, and figure out when we can do the hard and satisfying work to ready the area. I am glad to have only the dog and cats as my companions today.

So, the chair is rearranged in front of "my" window, the coffee is brewed, and the catalogs are ready with paper and pen. The Name of the Rose continues to call my name, and I have every intention of answering for at least an hour this morning. It needs some uninterrupted time, not the late night almost falling asleep kind of reading I have been doing. But, other than that, I am Planning Woman today. Look out world!

The soundtrack for today includes:

The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends soundtrack

Sarah Groves: Conversations

Fernando Ortega: Home
Morning sun
And morning glories
Pouring down the hill,
Through my window
I can feel the ocean breeze.

Noisy sparrows
Fill the oak trees
Swallows can't stay still
And in the glad commotion
Lord, You speak to me

If rain clouds come
Or the cold winds blow
You're the One
Who goes before me
And in my heart I know

That this good day
It is a gift from You
Fernando Ortega: This Good Day

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...