Thursday, March 31, 2005

Soundtrack for a Thursday

Freedom by Michael W. Smith. There is something in this music that causes us dance, think, and seize the day. Instrumental.

Waiting for You by Ralph Walker. I have googled and searched and found no place where this CD can be purchased, but if you enjoy solo guitar in a Windham Hill Music style, you should have this CD. It has a special place in my collection because of the musician. Ralph is one friend that my husband and I have shared since long before we were husband and wife. Ralph used to call my house and ask us (my roommates and me) if we would mind him coming over to practice guitar while we did our work. We enjoyed doing our studying, bill paying, letter writing or chatting with exquisite background music. It is a great memory.

Ralph and his family still live in the Bay Area, but we have long since headed for the higher ground of a more affordable location. We did get a chance to see each other briefly a few summers ago, at the celebration of a friend's 40th birthday, and later with a visit in our home. He is a treasure.

If you are interested in pursuing some great guitar music (or need a DJ in the Bay Area), please contact Ralph at his website or by email. My love of his music is deeply personal, and I am filled with great joy and pride as I hear my friend play his guitar. He has worked hard to conquer the obstacles in his life, including the dark voices that haunt any of us that pursue creative endeavors. But, all that personal stuff put aside, this is a CD worth hunting down. Today, it fills my home with beauty and tranquility, two qualities that soothe my soul.

(Ralph was the friend I spoke of in this post.)

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...