Tuesday, April 12, 2005

How many times?



Road Builders by B.G. Hennessy, pictures by Simms Taback.
"It takes many kinds of trucks to build a road."

How many times have I read this book? Well, last night my six-year-old found Road Builders on his shelf, and I read it to him as he snuggled in for a good night's rest. I realized that I could have read it to him with the lights out. The list of road building trucks? I knew them all, and could easily find them on the page. "Which one is Buddy, Mama?" Well, I have known Buddy the Boss since 1994 when I gave this book to my oldest son. It is possible that I can't count as high as the number of times this book has been read.

My six-year-old enjoyed our reading time, but I got the feeling that the days are numbered for Road Builders; it will head to my oldest son's memory box soon. Poor ol' Buddy the Boss will have to hand in his hard hat and take a long-deserved rest. We are moving down this well-paved road to higher reading ground!

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...