Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mental Multivitamin

One of my favorite traditions at Mental Multivitamin is their monthly feature entitled On the nightstand (under the pillow, in the knapsack, etc.), where you can find a whole new stack of interesting books to read and study. "What are you reading?" is one of my favorite questions to ask friends and strangers, and the Team M'mv is kind enough to answer the question each month, without even being asked. Isn't that great?

On the 15th of this month, Mrs. M'mv included a letter from me regarding learning phobias and other things of interest to both of us. If you follow the links back to her original post, a follow-up letter from another reader, and then end up at my letter, you can read some of my thinking about the subject. Or, you can just make plans for your next amazon.com purchase with all of this month's recommendations. On my list? The Polysyllabic Spree: A Hilarious and True Account of One Man's Struggle with the Monthly Tide of the Books He's Bought and the Books He's Been Meaning to Read (Nick Hornby) Maybe I will hold it as the carrot in front of my autodidact nose and make myself finish The Name of the Rose before I check it out.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...