Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tracking packages

Open an email, click on a link, and read: On FedEx vehicle for delivery. This, my friends, is an easy way to MAKE MY DAY. I love packages, I love hearing the UPS truck grinding its gears to get up our very steep hill, I love how the FedEx van (itsy bitsy compared to the UPS barge) rolls into our driveway undetected until the dog starts up her howl. I also hate surprises, so being able to track the package from the outskirts of Colorado, over hill and dale to lovely California, is an added bonus.

Today, however, is extra-special. We have wanted a microscope for years. In anticipation of high school biology next year, there is a microscope among the 16.35 pounds of books and school materials that have been placed on the FedEx van for delivery today. When I announced that our long-awaited equipment was on its way, one of my sons declared that his first plan is to look at yogurt. "There are active cultures in that stuff." Okay. I have some mammal organs for dissection that I want to see with magnification, and I am sure we will grab some local pond water, leaves in the yard, and who knows what else.

It's a happy day.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...