Friday, June 03, 2005

The hats I wear

Most of us wear a lot of hats. Home, work, school, community, church, and clubs can all claim some part of our lives. But veterinarian is a hat that I only rarely wear. The occasional wound cleaning, tick removing, general observe and diagnose role is one I have gladly done. But, last night I crossed a line. I removed an inch-long weed/burr-ish/thing-a-ma-bob from our cat's EYE. I was fine until I pulled it out. When in, it looked just like a little sliver (that's all that was showing), and she was so miserable that we decided we should try and remove it. Well, after working to quiet her, I pulled (and pulled) and out came this relatively humongo thing. Oh my. We all let out a good scream, including the cat, and then we cleaned her up. We spent a good deal of time trying to imagine how, as a cat, you could possibly get something like that stuck in your eye. It seems impossible, but this is a remarkable cat. The amazing thing? Today, her eye looks perfectly, boringly normal; she shows no sign of discomfort or infection. Wow. I guess I will have to add the vet. hat to my collection.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...