Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Autumnal beauty



I love where I live, but we sure don't get loads of fall color. Well, there is that tree on the highway by downtown, but don't blink, or wait a week, or you'll miss it! And there is the yellow of the oak trees that make up my view, but all in all my town would not be on the route of a bus tour showing spectacular fall foliage.

But tonight, through the wonder of email, my sister-in-law sent pictures of the spectacular Minnesota autumnal beauty. The leaf colors are perfect with the crystal clear blue sky background!


The Mississippi River

Many, many years ago, my husband sat with his sister at a cafe in Sacramento and wrote out the charter for a new organization: The Society for the Exaltation of Beauty. They are charter members; I signed on later that day. It can oft be forgotten, but every now and then one of us will remember and reinvigorate the vision for the SEB. These pictures qualify as the latest society news. I sure hope that someday we can hold a gathering of the SEB with that view of the Mississippi River as our background. We miss you Shar and Tim!

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...