Friday, November 11, 2005

The current soundtrack

We've been hard at work at chores all morning, and now my family has flown the coop. They are in the mountains for a hike this afternoon, getting excited energy out before we spend a few joyous hours dancing with good friends tonight. I am home, once again appreciating the quiet. The oak leaves keep calling me to stare out the window, and I will allow myself to be lured for awhile, and I plan to sip a cup of echinacea tea while enjoying my view. I am trying to convince a cough and some aches that this is NOT a good time to come for a visit. "I'm free in a week or so, could you call back then? Thanks, hon."

My musical choice for today? A CD that found its way into my mailbox because I forgot to take care of one of those club response cards. Every now and then, my flakiness pays off and I end up with a prize. That happened years ago with David Guterson's fantastic book on home education, Family Matters. I was never so happy to have forgotten something in my life; I love that book.

Today I am enjoying Renee Fleming's Haunted Heart. She has the kind of voice I would love to have when I get to heaven. It's not going to happen on earth, but if I could look forward to being in that section of the heavenly choir? That would be glorious.

So I have a little rest and a little music before I have to run errands and be the wardrobe department for the ball attendees tonight. My iron will be rattled out of hibernation; it will have to shake off the cobwebs, and perform its magic on slacks and shirts, and even take a wrinkle or two out of taffeta. I LOVE dancing with my children and our friends, and I cannot wait to twirl and talk with them all tonight.

Then, Pride and Prejudice. It is almost too much fun for one day; my heart is just fit to burst. All this and some quiet, too? This is bliss.

Happy thought indeed, right Lizzy?

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...