Wednesday, November 30, 2005

November 29th was a big day...

Once again, I am deeply grateful to Semicolon for a reminder to pull out the birthday party supplies and celebrate. Three of my favorite authors were born on November 29th: C.S. Lewis, Louis May Alcott and Madeleine L'Engle. Anyone with a blog named A Circle of Quiet should have known that it was Ms. L'Engle's birthday; my apologies!

Semicolon asks what our favorite books are from these authors.

Alcott is easiest for me to choose: Little Men is my hands-down favorite.

L'Engle has a tie: Two-Part Invention: The Story of a Marriage and (surprise, surprise)



A Circle of Quiet.

The depth of my admiration for Madeleine L'Engle? A daughter and a blog named with her in mind. High praise, indeed.

C.S. Lewis has written so many different types of things that I have a harder time choosing. I'll just jump at it and say that my favorite Narnia story is The Silver Chair and that Puddleglum is my favorite Narnia character. Mere Christianity and A Grief Observed share honors, too. Oh, but what about The Great Divorce and The Screwtape Letters? And Abolition of Man? Never mind; I can't choose.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...