Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tonight


Yes!

Amidst all the Christmas festivities, December 20th is another favorite day for our family. It is the day that the word "yes" shook my world and opened up possibilities that had never before existed. Twenty years ago tonight, my husband and I got engaged. It was the first Friday night of Christmas vacation, and we took our two-week break to plan a wedding and dream about the future. Much has happened in twenty years, and so many dreams we didn't even think of dreaming have come true.

As more storm clouds collect, bringing rain and cold to our hillside, we will cozy up inside and enjoy this season of peace in our family and marriage. I was not known for great decision-making back in 1985, but saying "yes" was, by far, the smartest thing I have ever done.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...