Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ten of Life's Simple Pleasures

1. The coffee grinder signaling that my husband is making my morning coffee.

2. The magical appearance of bulbs in our garden; we are always surprised that they grew again.

3. The sound of my husband's tires on the gravel driveway at the end of the day.

4. Yo-Yo Ma's cello.

5. Daily Sudoku.

6. The screech of the hawks across the valley.

7. Milk duds.

8. My mom's laughter.

9. The quiet that descends on the house when everyone is asleep.

10. Each face around my living room during evening story time.


Thanks for the question, Donna. Remembering all the simple pleasures (far more than ten, of course) is one of my favorite pastimes.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...