Friday, May 12, 2006

Signs of spring


The pond down the road



Green things are growing everywhere



Beautiful sunsets without summer heat...aaahhh



Wildflowers

Signs of spring, the reality:

I am posting this incredible beauty to, shall we say, focus my perspective. The signs of winter neglect are showing on the surfaces of my house, and dirt makes me grumpy. I have never been a big fan of spring cleaning, but when the sun is shining in my windows, the grime starts screaming for attention like a neglected toddler. As a proud resident on a dirt road, let's just say that dust doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

Perhaps that is why I love this time of night. I am done with today's work, but there is still plenty of dirt to distract me. But, as the sun sets, shadows take the place of the glaring light, and the "dust" and cobwebs fade. There's a time and a place for a bucket of hot soapy water, but tonight I am lighting the candles, dimming the lights, and enjoying the view.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...