Thursday, July 20, 2006

More jolly preoccupations

Another thing I have been spending time reading is the manual to my new camera. Yes, I have joined the world of digital SLR cameras, having used my savings and my upcoming birthday and Christmas gift rights. I am thrilled and just a bit intimidated to have to do more than point and shoot. This morning I awoke from one of those dreadful, "bad guys are approaching and I can't run" kind of dreams, so there was no hope of falling back asleep. The heat was already rising with the sun, so I chose to grab my camera and head to the shade of the garden. I wasn't sorry to have the quiet, the cool or the company of a furry friend.







Favorite colors




These hollyhock seed pods remind me of my children, about to burst new life and magic upon an unsuspecting world. It can be hard to see the potential pent up inside, but it is there. I can hardly wait to see the seeds take root and blossom.




As the hillsides turn brown and the dirt road becomes a dust cloud, I love to focus on the green around me. Brown discourages me when it comes in large quantities, but a little bit of green reminds me that the dry heat of the summer won't last forever.


Sergeant Pumpkin Lewis makes sure I am never alone.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...