Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Preoccupation

Two things have preoccupied me over the last week, thus a lack of inspiring posts. They are:

1) The Heat.

I reserve the right to use my blog for complaining about the heat once each summer, and today is the day. It has been over one hundred degrees for...well, for forever, and the ten-day forecast doesn't show any cooling until next Wednesday (yes, ninety-nine degrees is cooling.) Next Thursday, when it should only be ninety-five degrees here (insert heavy sarcasm), I will be heading to Modesto, California where it promises to be one hundred-and-three degrees. Do not look for me on the streets of Modesto; I will be working for a friend in the vendor hall at the Valley Home Educators Convention, OR hiding in my air-conditioned hotel room, OR, should desperate times call for the proverbially desperate measures, you can find me napping in an ice machine. Yes, the heat is getting to me.

2) School planning.

I am doing a lot more planning for the upcoming year than I have for the last three put together. After two years of dancing around the edges of burn-out, I am enthusiastic about the new year. It's a good thing, as we are all feeling the need for a more structured plan. For now, my shopping cart at amazon.com is starting to creak with the weight of the books. The charts and forms I have loved in years past are keeping me company, and the skeleton for the 2006-2007 school year looks very promising. I'll post more details if anyone is interested.

So, I will continue pointing the fan at my desk, blending decaffeinated iced coffee drinks for pleasure and caffeinated ones for medicinal purposes, and I will, will, will work hard at not being a complete crank as the triple digits continue.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...