Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A mom brag moment...

About my mom, that is. The other day, a package arrived from The Teaching Company. I panicked a little, wondering if I had ordered something in my sleep. Under closer inspection, though, I realized it was addressed to my mom. She had ordered two programs during their most recent sale:

* Elements of Jazz

*Aeneid of Virgil

My mom will be 80 in January. She was telling me as we were driving around on Sunday that the courses she bought were really good for her. We had just been talking about how easy it is for us, as we get older, to keep things very predictable, very much the same every day. She sees these courses as a way of fighting against that temptation. She is learning, she is thinking, and this daughter-next-door is very proud of her.

Teaching Company courses are excellent, and all of their programs go on sale once a year. Plan ahead, and you can provide your older students, your mother, or yourself some great courses for bargain basement prices!

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...