Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thoughts on reading

It's that time of our school year -- thinking ahead to next year's plan. We have to sign up for online classes early, which we have done, but I am wrestling with all sorts of thoughts on education, reading lists and expectations-versus-reality. This is not the place to write my wrestlings...but I will list some things I have read in my quest for educational quality with sanity.

Semicolon asks about how to motivate a 14 yo boy to read. There are many suggestions in the comment section.

John Mark Reynolds answers Hugh Hewitt's request for a list of thirty must reads for college students.

Joe Carter adds his list of what should be read after the Reynolds 30

Island Sparrow offers some insight into reluctant readers on
and links to this article.

Don't worry. I will stop reading everyone else's thoughts on this subject soon. For now, as I am puzzled and foggy-headed in my decisions, it is therapeutic to read other's thoughts and lists. It is easier than figuring out when to push in order to affirm ability and when not to push because it would be downright mean and unrealistic. I am in need of wisdom.


If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5 (NIV)

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...