Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tagged

The Six Word Memoir


SIX words to summarize a whole life? Not an easy task for a wordy person like myself.

My children's suggestions:

1) Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee. I obviously love coffee, but even I can see the limitations of that as a memoir.

2) J, M, Z, R, C, B (the names of my husband and children.) I hate to break it to them, but that is not right either.

After some trial and error, this is what I came up with:

*I never imagined so much joy.*

Here are the other contestants:

Grace, step-by-step, each day.

Faith hope love; coffee laughter books.

Notice, listen, rest; God is here.

If only I hadn't, or had.

Forgiveness, healing; my life is miraculous.

The laundry can wait until tomorrow.

Come - the adventure calls. Don't wait.

Daily grind becomes a quotidian liturgy.

Lost: fear, dread. Found: hope, joy.


Tagged by: Thicket Dweller
Consider yourself tagged; let me know if you play.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...