Saturday, December 06, 2008

Four years

It's the fourth anniversary of this little spot in the blogosphere. It doesn't seem possible that I have been blogging for four years, but the archives are telling me it's true.

I started writing in order to remember what fills my days, to document what influences us, and to be able to scroll through and see all the cute faces I love so much. What I didn't anticipate was that I would become acquainted with so many intelligent, kind, and interesting people. I didn't know how much my creativity, my faith, my homemaking skills would benefit from your writing.

What would my life be like without Tonia, Amanda, and Donna?

Where would my reading lists be without Melissa (the first blog I ever read), Carol, and Sherry?

Faith so often weaves in and out of your writings, but when weary in my well-doing, I often click to Ann for an encouraging word.

My photography has been inspired by the work of Susan and Donna and Corey.

I am so privileged to have in-real-life friends who blog: my day-in-and-day-out friend and inspiration for all things international, Mary; some of my favorite high schoolers (here and here); one of my favorite college students Allison and her beautiful mother Lori, who moved too far away but were kind enough to make sure it was in the path of our summer vacation; and long-time friend Melissa, who lives nowhere near my summer vacation destination, but who has joined us there for weeks worth remembering. It wasn't the same without you this summer, Melissa!

I know there are many of you I have missed, but time and linking energy don't allow me to go on and on and on as much as I would like. On this fourth anniversary of A Circle of Quiet, please know how much I appreciate you. Your emails, your posts, your phone calls, the slices of heaven when some of us have been able to meet in real life -- all of these have been unanticipated, undeserved and deeply appreciated gifts. THANK YOU.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...