Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The cooking obsession continues





We have been loving Julia Child's cooking DVDs. Claire's Lemon Chicken is worth the price of the DVD, so I am grateful. FYI: Don't watch hungry. And you have to love butter, salt and Vermouth if you are going to appreciate Julia's cooking.



My husband just returned from his annual visit to Washington, D.C. I would love to see Julia's kitchen at the Smithsonian, but this book was a fine consolation prize.





I wanted some good reading while John was gone (I don't sleep well when I am single parenting) and I found a quickie review of these three books at Susan Wise Bauer's blog. I'm halfway through the last volume and I've enjoyed the window into a world so utterly different from my own. No $250 dinners in my future, but I still love to read about it.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...