Wednesday, March 02, 2011

From her reading stacks to mine

Lenten Lands: My Childhood with Joy Davidman and C.S. LewisThe Art of EatingThe Art of Conversation: A Guided Tour of a Neglected PleasureThe Golden Warrior: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of ArabiaTickets for a Prayer Wheel (Wesleyan Poetry Series)



The bookshelves at Mom's are packed with history books, biographies, cookbooks, mysteries and more mysteries, the best kind of books on the Christian life, and much more.


These are the first five choices for my bedside pile.

Thanks for continuing to inspire me, Mama.


*click on the images to see books at amazon.com

2 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

And don't you know she used to look at those and think, "She will enjoy these one day, when she has time." I'm sure that brought her pleasure.

Carol in Oregon said...

Ah...the legacy of books. To have a mom that read, and read well. Such a treasure. I want to be like your mom when I grow up.

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...