Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thinking about...

"I think that I began to understand why so many people choose to slip-slide through life. Literature or art or music or conversation that makes. us. think. hurts. It forces us to re-examine ourselves and our lives in ways that may... that will disappoint us. Reconciling who we are with who we thought we might be is hard work."

With thanks, once again, to M-mv.


I am approaching my fiftieth birthday in less than two weeks, so I am thinking a lot about where I have been and where I am going. I am reminding myself about who (and Who) goes with me, and how the future can be different than the past and the present. There is so much good, AND there is SO MUCH room for change. I feel courageous and hopeful for the days ahead.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...