Friday, June 15, 2012

The Friday Clive



To enjoy a book like that thoroughly I find I have to treat it as a sort of hobby and set about it seriously. I begin by making a map on one of the end leafs: then I put in a genealogical tree or two. Then I put a running headline at the top of each page: finally I index at the end all the passages I have for any reason underlined. I often wonder - considering how people enjoy themselves developing photos or making scrapbooks - why so few people make a hobby of their reading in this way. Many an otherwise dull book which I had to read have I enjoyed in this way, with a fine-nibbed pen in my hand: one is making something all the time and a book so read acquires the charm of a toy without losing that of a book.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Weil diese wow gold kaufen Charaktere die Hauptrollen im Spiel sind, müssen Sie diese Charaktere mit Berufssachkenntnissen ebnen. So Sie zur gleichen Zeit müssen Sie welch Beruf entscheiden zu nehmen. In der Welt von warcraft gibt es ungefähr zwei Hauptspielspiel-Varianten, die Spieler gegen die Umgebung wow arsenal und Spieler Gegen den Spieler nannten. Spieler gegen die Umgebung: Wenn Spieler-Abenteuer, um nach oben hin anzugleichen, er auf spielerzeugte Feinde sowie andere Spieler stößt, die gegen seine Rasse sind. Spieler Gegen den Spieler: Das wird nur in spezifischen Gebieten gespielt, wo Spieler gegen andere Spieler kämpfen können, wo wow gold kaufen und solche Gebiete niveau-spezifisch sind.

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...