Tuesday, December 14, 2004

While we were waiting....

"But, where our hearts truly lie is in peace and quiet and good tilled earth. For all hobbits share a love of things that grow. And yes, no doubt to others, our ways seem quaint, but today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life."

"I will take it. I will take the ring...though I do not know the way."

"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
"So do all who live to see such times."


In preparation for the Saturday film extravaganza, we are reviewing our love of films #1 and #2 in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Fellowship, without a doubt, is the favorite. Great quotes, and oh! the goosebumps when the Gondor theme weaves its way into the Council of Elrond scene. The first glimpse of Aragorn (love the pipe) and the heartwrenching attempt at farewell between Sam and Frodo ("I'm going to Mordor alone, Sam." "I know, and I am coming with you." And, "He said, 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee,' and I don't mean to.")

Oh, to be or to have a friend such as Sam.
The Fellowship of the Ring, Extended DVD

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...