Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shades of White

This poem is written by Jean in Wisconsin, the creator of the blog Shades of White. Even though my turf is rarely covered with snow, I love this poem and the peace it exudes. Read it slowly. Inhale. Exhale. Aaah.


The stillness of a landscape draped in the silence of an early morning snow...
The sky and earth blend in shades of white
Bringing all that I can see from my window into uniform serenity.

A snow-covered world is a balm that penetrates bone and marrow, soul and spirit.
My soul is set free in quiet song. It brings to us a time of rest.

Lay down the great burden of hurried life and step lightly onto the stage.
The room is silent, empty.
Laugh and cry; dance. Unveil the depths within.

It is time to be set free.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...