Monday, February 07, 2005

Inspiration

A quote on a box of tea from Celestial Seasonings:

"Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to create." Nicholas Malebranche


I don't always agree with, or even like, the quotes on the Celestial Seasonings boxes, but I love this one. I search for ideas in books, on blogs, in the Scriptures, like a starving person looking for bread. If you google your way to the Nicholas Malebranche page on the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, like I did, you will find yourself in territory that is very foreign to me. I don't think I will get my inspiring ideas from that site anytime too soon, but I will continue my daily "search and learn mission" with a vengeance.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...