Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lent

I grew up in the Episcopal Church. After my mother moved here, we had a chance to attend with her until she got settled enough to have alternate transportation. I love the liturgy (much more meaningful as a believing adult than as a boy-crazy junior higher) and the prayers in the Book of Common Prayer.

Today begins the season of Lent, a time of preparation for the celebration of Easter. We do not attend a church that discusses Lent, but I like how both Lent and Advent help us remember why we really celebrate Easter and Christmas. I look forward to attending Ash Wednesday service with Mom tonight.

Here are some links to articles on Lent:

Christianity Today

The Season of Lent

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...