Sunday, February 06, 2005

Listening to Your Life

"And yet there are some things I would be willing to bet maybe even my life on.

That life is grace, for instance - the givenness of it, the fathomlessness of it, the endless possibilities of its becoming transparent to something extraordinary beyond itself. That - as I picked up somewhere in Jung and whittled into the ash stick I use for tramping around through the woods sometimes - vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit , which I take to mean that in the long run, whether you call on him or don't call on him, God will be present with you. That if we really had our eyes open, we would see that all moments are key moments. That he who does not love remains in death. That Jesus is the Word made flesh who dwells among us full of grace and truth. On good days I might add a few more to the list."


Listening to Your Life , Frederick Buechner

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...