Saturday, March 12, 2005

Dad Stories




My husband's tales from childhood and college are favorites for our children. The broken wrist, the baseball league championships, the college baseball tales are told over and over again, and we never tire of them. Today, the old photos of the college team, and even newspaper clippings of box scores, were discovered when filing tax papers. The boys were a very captive audience as they could finally see these mythical teammates in a photo.

My stories? I didn't really find my note-worthy self until my late twenties; many of my childhood tales are when I was being very, very naughty. My one claim to fame in elementary school is lighting the school on fire. Sigh. Not a role model, except of the "don't try this at home" variety. Good thing my husband is around to regale the crowds.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...