Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day

For your St. Patrick's day enjoyment, I have for you:

A PRAYER
(From St. Patrick's Breastplate)

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the threeness,
Through confession of the oneness,
Of the Creator of Creation.

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.


A BOOK

How the Irish Saved Civilization
by Thomas Cahill

AND A TOAST

May the sound of happy music
And the lilt of Irish laughter
Fill your heart with gladness
That stays forever after.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...