Sunday, April 03, 2005

The NCAA Championship Game

The NCAA tournament has delivered its annual display of incredible college basketball. Spunk, skill, and determination have thrilled us over and over as we have watched bits of March Madness.

The tournament ends tomorrow night with the championship game. Illinois vs. North Carolina, Bruce Weber vs. Roy Williams; it should be a great game. If you need us, you know where we'll be. Just leave a message, and we'll get back at ya' later.

I have no scientific method for my bracket selections. I choose sentimental favorites (Stanford, and anyone else in the Pac. 10, for instance.) I like Cinderella stories and will root for the underdog in most cases. I also choose based on such important issues as the color of the uniform, which doesn't work well this year if you strongly dislike the color orange. My husband and two sons that joined me in the competition had much better tactics. Some reading on the internet, some analyzing of players and records and team strengths led all three of them to choose Illinois to win it all. I raise the white flag of bracket defeat, with a nod of respect and with a humble admission of wrong methodology. With a team like Illinois in the running, orange is a fine color, it is THE BEST color to pick.

I join my menfolk, and the team at Mental Multivitamin, and say:

GO ILLINOIS!

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...