Monday, June 06, 2005

Soundtrack for labor(s)


Sanctuary by Twila Paris

This was the music that played as I labored to deliver at least two of my children. Even now I feel tempted to start breathing differently when the first song begins, but I will resist.

Almost all of my days include a lot of work; it is the nature of my calling(s). I like my job, though, and the amount of work usually gets done (more or less.) Every now and then, though, my joy seems to flee. When I get taken down a notch, when I feel that I don't measure up, work can go from being a joy and a routine to being laborious. Today has begun that way, and so I put on my labor soundtrack. Remembering those laboring hours, working hard to bring a child into this crazy world, I am reminded by my experience, and the lyrics to the songs, that God will surely strengthen me for the tasks that are on His list. His list is the one I choose, and I will choose joy as well. Happiness may come in time, but:

The joy of the Lord will be my strength;
I will not falter, I will not faint
He is my Shepherd, I am not afraid
The joy of the Lord is my strength.
Twila Paris


Even without lamaze breathing these words give me focus and courage; the day is looking up already.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...