Friday, June 24, 2005

To the man of my dreams (and my reality)

The cafe on the deck


Meet me here for breakfast
At the café on the deck
For the roses are in bloom
And the children are with the Jack’s

You’ve always been my favorite
Of people to share my time
To sit in our jammies, dark roast in hand,
The hours will soar and fly

Oh, the remembrance of another deck
With the ocean as its view
The Chronicle on a Sunday morning
And our marriage just brand new

But this café with the roses,
With a view of trees and birds,
Has the quiet of a foothill morn
And our marriage of nineteen years

This is my favorite spot
With its scenery so rare
There’s nowhere for better coffee
No company more fair

I’d gladly do the work again,
And learn the lessons twice,
To share this morning with you here
As your best friend and your wife.

Happy Anniversary, baby. Got you on my mind.


The roses are in bloom

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...