Sunday, August 07, 2005

Home sweet home

Our vacation is over, and we are HOME. The work of unloading is done, the really gross items from between the van seats have been extracted, the third pile of laundry is already in the dryer, and we have settled in quickly. Thirteen hours of driving today (including three meal stops and a handful of other rest stop moments) and we are happy to stretch, be alone, be quiet, be loud, be HOME. There are many stories to tell, and pictures that will tell it better than words. But, for now, my lids are drooping and I am still needing to play Birthday Fairy for our eldest daughter who turns fifteen tomorrow. Sixteen years ago today I miscarried our first baby, and I remember wondering if I would ever have another child. A year later, as the pains of labor began, I was so grateful for a full-term baby. Well, honestly, I was a little cranky at having an eleven days overdue baby, but thrilled to be a mother.

Fifteen years ago...wow. It's been quite a journey.

More soon.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...