Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's a Red Letter Day


The man of my dreams with his hiking pals

There are two reasons for celebration. Most importantly:

Happy 44th Birthday to the man o' my dreams and the man o' my reality!

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be... R. Browning
Forty-four years ago today this unique and terrific man was born in Berkeley, California. I can't believe that I have known him for more than half of his life. We met when he was a buff and tan nineteen, and what's amazing is that I only briefly noted his clear blue eyes and sparkling smile. Shouldn't I have known? Shouldn't there have been sparks or fireworks or violin music? It was, after all, the most important meeting of my life. Twenty-four years later, I love and appreciate him more than I ever could have imagined.

Tonight we put aside the labors of our life for a little out-to-dinner celebration for two. The paper grading will have to wait for a few hours, and the children will be happily occupied elsewhere. Happy birthday, love. Today, we all celebrate YOU!

And...

Happy Blog-Anniversary to A Circle of Quiet! What a great year it has been. Little did I know what things I would learn by joining the blogging circles. I have especially appreciated getting acquainted through emails with some of my readers. I guess I didn't realize that anyone would read my writing; I only started because it was a need inside of me. I have been touched by your words of encouragement and your prayers when things were amiss. I have loved and listed your book and music and movie recommendations. I have learned from many of your blogs, and have found the exchange of ideas exhilarating. Mrs. M'mv has referred to her blog readers as the "Best and Perfect Audience." I'm not one to argue unnecessarily with a friend, but I have to think you all would at least tie for such an honor. Maybe a blog reader nomination? If someone gives me the chance, I nominate you as the Most Encouraging Blog Readers. Hands down winners, I am certain. Many thanks.

Here's to another year! But first, a week off. There are packages to mail, letters to write, school routines to maintain. And, my computer time will be taken up with attempting to improve the blog look. I have very specific ideas in mind, but somehow the html isn't obeying. Give me a week and A Circle of Quiet will be stunningly improved.

Again, thanks for your inspiration.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...