Saturday, March 18, 2006

A week in pictures (and some words)


Hail? Snow? March in California?

Amidst my son's potentially-broken wrist, the dog who got sprayed by a skunk (Oh.My.Goodness. Dreadful is not a strong enough word) and the search for wheat-free food products that my son's eczema is making a part-time job, it's been a lovely week. Standing on the deck as the thunder boomed and the hail made the property look snowy again was just what I needed to perk up on Tuesday afternoon.


Art class


Catching my younger two children having "art class" filled my artist-wannabe heart with joy.


Tea time


Attending a friend's tea party, complete with curly hair, pearls, fancy dresses and lovely food was just the thing for some girl time. Recipes for our contributions will be along this week (pastel mints that were sugary-beautiful and very tasty, and butter cookies with almonds.)


Almost-spring skies

Then, the view today was so bright and sunny after days and days of rain and more. The sky was BLUE, the clouds were WHITE and the trees such a fresh spring green that they made me squint with the brilliance.


Greens and shadows



My new desk -- "some assembly required"

Add to that the building of my newest IKEA purchase -- a desk for ME! It arrived in many (many) pieces but the directions were simple. I built it all by myself (said like a proud two-year-old!) My hands are cramped from all the turns of the screwdriver, but I am happy, happy, happy with the results. Many hours will be spent here, writing, planning, emailing, and more. May God bless the fruit of my hands as I work in my new corner spot.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...