Sunday, April 02, 2006

Afternoon light





One day last week my son glanced out the window and grabbed his camera. The light on the valley was spectacular; the oranges and yellows set perfectly against the dark blues and grays of the early spring storm, and the skeletal lines of the oak branches creating a web of contrast. I took pictures, too, but they sure didn't capture the splendor. I think my eyes are meant to look long and hard at the light, for I have tried for over a year to capture it and never can. There's something in the seeing for me that keeps the glow in my heart. I will enjoy my son's work, though, and envy (just a wee bit) his camera's ability to capture the brilliance.





Catching the light

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...