Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday



"Sitting here at the typewriter in my study, I turn to the symbol of the crucified Christ on the wall to my left. And I hear Jesus praying for his murderers, 'Father, forgive them. They do not know what they are doing.'

The scorpion he had tried to save finally killed him. To the passerby, who sees him stretched out on the tree roots and who shouts, 'Only a madman would risk his life for the sake of an ugly, ungrateful creature,' I hear Jesus answer, 'My friend, just because it is fallen mankind's nature to wound, that does not change my nature to save.'"
Brennan Manning in Bread and Wine: Readings for Lent and Easter


And, a post from Mental Multivitamin that I thought of many, many times since it was posted last year. Worth a read. Worth a re-read.

Good Friday blessings to each of you, dear readers.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...