Saturday, August 19, 2006

One Book Meme

Unable to resist a request from my dear Autumn Rain , here is the One Book Meme:

1. One book that changed your life: What is a Family by Edith Schaeffer

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Hawk and the Dove by Penelope Wilcock.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Besides How To Get Off This Desert Island? How about How to Make a Sailboat out of Palm Trees? Not the right idea? Okay, okay.... going with the spirit of the thing, ie: what you would want to read if you had a long time with nothing else to do, I'll take A History of the English Speaking Peoples by Winston Churchill (all four volumes, please!)

4. One book that made you laugh: At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

5. One book that made you cry: Two-Part Invention by Madeleine L'Engle

6. One book that you wish had been written: I'm coming up blank here -- I think I am currently overwhelmed a) by the number of books I own (read: that I just dusted this week), and b) by the number of books I have yet to read.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Left Behind series (no link necessary, in my humble opinion.)

8. One book you’re currently reading: The Outermost House: A Year of Life On The Great Beach of Cape Cod by Henry Beston

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Iliad by Homer

10. Tag five others: Boundary Queen doesn't tag, but you are all invited to the party.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...