Saturday, October 14, 2006

Inspired

I've written about my love of art journaling before (here). Recently, though, we've become re-inspired. We heard a speech on the benefit of nature journaling at our classical home school group, and that was all we needed to pull out the journals and supplies, collect some items, and get drawing. Leaves, acorns, seed pods, sticks, birds, or fences can all bring pleasure to the artist's eye and beauty to the page of the journal.

Pictures from our endeavors:


My daughter's subject


Voila


My spot


My personal art challenge right now is to learn some fast sketching techniques. The biggest reason I don't always draw is that it becomes an unmanageable time commitment. With some fast sketching under my belt, I will be able to catch a scene or a portrait quickly. I really like the look of accomplished quick sketching, but I am not very happy with the look of mine...yet.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...