Monday, October 16, 2006

Two gifts

In the last week, I have received two unexpected and much appreciated gifts.

First, this mug came in the mail. No note, but a familiar return address. I laughed so hard when I pulled it out of the box, and it has become my favorite mug. Added benefit: it does not blend in with any of my decor, so I can find it quite easily. (I leave mugs all.over.my.house. It's genetic.)


Instant Human: Just add coffee

Then I received this poster from a dear friend (scroll down the page and click on A Bit of Heaven.) "I saw it and I thought of you," she said. Wow. I can smell the water, I can feel the book in my hand and the birks on my feet, I can even feel the wood slats from the chair on my back. I really love the tranquility of this picture, and I am honored that someone thought of me when they found it.

I've read a little bit about love languages over the years of marriage and parenting; my joke is that my love language is "Dump Run." When the van leaves, filled with junk from the property, my love cup overfloweth. But the joy these unexpected gems have brought makes me think that gifts speak love to me loud and clear. Thanks, ladies.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...