Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Reading challenge? What reading challenge?

As suspected, this season's reading challenge is a much bigger bite than I can chew and digest this winter. But the beauty of these challenges is that I can come back, review my list, and either celebrate the alternatives I have chosen for myself or get back on track. I am doing a little of both this winter. The Speech Bug has definitely bit, so I am eager to read more about that (hence the entry below on It Doesn't Take A Genius). We are also in the midst of major church changes, the details of which will not be written about here, but it is worth a brief mention because of what unexpected change does to my reading life. I turn to old favorite books, chummy companions to ease my troubled mind and soothe me to sleep. Cadfael and Persuasion have been the perfect re-reads this January.

I have read:

Standing by Words: Essays by Wendell Berry

The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton

Bee Season by Myla Goldberg

About A Boy by Nick Hornby

ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life by Judith Kolberg and Kathleen Nadeau

More details on these....hopefully....soon.

On the current stack:

The Collected Works of G.K. Chesterton, Volume 20 (Includes Christendom in Dublin, Irish Impressions, A Short History of England and more)

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

Jane Austen by Elizabeth Jenkins

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...