Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Gloomy, grumpy Wednesday

There are days when I wake up and there is a dismal curtain pulled across my soul. Today was just such a day. There was no rhyme or reason, just a dark wall where the light usually shines. I am glad to say the day is over, and I am ready to crawl into a warm bed and leave the cheerless day behind me.

I will hum one of my favorite hymns if the darkness threatens to steal my sleep:

Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence, let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

And I will remember the blessing from Numbers 6:24-26:

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace.


Bless.

Gracious.

Peace.

Amen and amen.

For you, too, my dear readers.

Tomorrow is a NEW day.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...