Sunday, March 25, 2007

Watching, reading, identifying

Watching


Original Sin: DVD starring Roy Marsden.

Reading


The Republic by Plato. Thoroughly enjoying this, which is a surprise. Thought it might be dull, but the discussions and arguments are making me laugh and think.


The Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters (I'm adding a couple of extra Amelia Peabody mysteries to the reading list. Fun reading.)


Identifying



American Coot
Fulica americana

Spotted on our pond and at the local lake where we walked on Saturday, I think it might be a coot. Not sure, but this is my guess so far. Tomorrow I will do some more observation.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...