Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Inspired by friends

"We all know that something is eternal. And it ain’t houses and it ain’t names, and it ain’t earth, and it ain’t even the stars . . . everybody knows in their bones that something is eternal, and that something has to do with human beings. All the greatest people ever lived have been telling us that for five thousand years and yet you’d be surprised how people are always losing hold of it. There’s something way down deep that’s eternal about every human being."
Our Town by Thornton Wilder
via My friend Miz Booshay at Quiet Life

Today's trip to the library might have to include a copy of Our Town. It's been at least two decades since I have visited this play, and the quotes Donna posted are beckoning me to further deviate from my reading list.


And wisdom from dear Tonia at Intent:

Live first.

Blog later.


Sounds like a plan, doesn't it? Our weather is unusually cool for this season, and that is reason enough for me to celebrate. I've survived a root canal (yes, survived; that's the word that seems to fit best) and I am anticipating the return of my brain this Friday. Just in time to cook up a Mexican feast for a family reunion in Bear Valley. With family coming in from Colorado, Minnesota and Washington, things will be extra quiet at this little blip in the blogosphere. It's time to live....then blog. Pictures of the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains and some of my favorite people will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...