Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Brief note

Not too busy to write, but I'm certainly too preoccupied to have anything intelligent to say. We leave Thursday for our five-day anniversary extravaganza, and sickness is hovering in the wings. One child has already gone through the stomach cleansing, and one more is asking for crackers and ginger ale. I am hoping and praying that said child is grabbing the opportunity to have a rare soda pop, but I am probably being overly optimistic. I am alternating between feeling sad about children being ill while we are gone, and panicking about using a barf bag on a plane for the first time in my forty-seven years of life. My hands will be bleeding by the time we leave from all the handwashing, so if personal hygeine can keep this bug at bay, I'm set. Or maybe sheer will power? If you're the praying sort, I would ask for your prayers.

We'll be back next week, and I plan to have pictures and stories of fun times had by all. I only hope they aren't those "someday we will look back on this and laugh" kind of stories. Miraculous healings, romance, laughter, relaxation ... sounds about right, don't you think?

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...