Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Company's comin'

We're expecting some special guests tomorrow night. My friend Susan is speaking in Sacramento this week-end (see information about the conference here) and she's bringing one of her sons with her. They'll both be our guests tomorrow night, and then my husband and children will play happy hosts to her son while I get some perspective and down time at the conference. Sounds like a win-win-win to me. Of course, one of the best parts of going to the conference will be seeing my friend Kate. We won't be losing a night's sleep laughing about Ewan MacGregor, like we did at the conference in Spring of 2006, but any time spent with Kate makes my life better. She's just that kind of friend.

I really enjoy getting the house ready for company. I'm good at keeping the grime and clutter away for our family, but I always like to put in a little extra for overnight guests. Yes, I know I should do it just for us, but I guess I like the motivation of special occasions. Call it a fault, but there you have it. Maybe I should just make sure we have company more often.

If you'll be at the conference, let me know. I'd love to see you there.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...