Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Perfect



Found underneath the daisy plants last week-end



What is it about a nest that causes me to stop and stare in wonder? The wool, combined with bits of twigs and leaves, all pressed into a perfectly scooped out spot for eggs to be nurtured... those same remnants could be raked up and tossed in the yard scraps, but they are chosen and formed and something beautiful and useful is made.

When I look back on my life, I see the Lord taking the bits and scraps and remnants of my early life and gently forming them into something new. What an amazing thing His redemption is.

When I am tempted to weariness and worry, the miracle that is my life reminds me I am not my own; I am bought with a price. (I Corinthians 6:19-20)

Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...